Sunday, October 19, 2008

The (Hollywood) Hiiiiillls Are Aliiiiive !

i'm updating :] Posted by Felicia on Sep 20, '08 12:50 AM


Unfortunately, I got that sickness that just about everybody in school has on Wednesday -___-;.
So not convenient, b/c math class was about some random integral stuff and history and blahblahblahhh ! Janine bought me Ramen at lunch :DD !Then Mae, Sabrina, and I laughed a lot in EAST (wooot ! Coral Crusaders !)So I went home early, skipped the chem test and stayed home the next day.
And come 3 o'clock, the IM's and myspace comments and messages were flowing, about the things I missed.
Like: spanish vocab quiz, and the most boring and most funny-filled-with-laughing day in english where shingaurd and fahad and lara were laughing their heads off at ms. pettegrew because...she was reading the 44 page intro of The Scarlett Letter (by Hawthorne) to herself?... and half the class was sleeping and the other half was laughing? ....haha? IDK ! maybe you ha o be there, and if I was there I probobly would have been laughing my head off too and I "totally missed out," OH YEAH, and she introduced the sketchiest weirdest no handout final project for The Crucible .... ever. hmph. Pettegrew is crazy.
OTAY ! So it's Friday now, right? And I have to go to school, and math is a;ja;kdfj;fklj! (I've got to remember not to talk during the announcements X___X ). I laid down on our empty bench..and people looked at me like I was a hobo, but I don't care- I saw an opportunity for a bed and took it. Aaaaand everybody is so nice huggingg mee, and carrying my books for mee, and being all sympathetic, and asking me if i'm okay :D you guys are so COOL :D.Okay, we laughed a lot again in EAST, made up my chem test. Then like the SECOND I got home, I heard the SOUNDDD OF MUSIICCCC !

okay- this was supposed to be the main point of this blogg:
Yanna, Camille, Andrea, Auntie Theresa, Auntie Edel, Auntie Sol, Mommy, and I went to the Hollywood Bowl today for the Sound Of Music Sing-A-Long Show dressed as Maria, and the 7 Von-Trap children (err- Von-Tumbucon?) in the scene where the fall out of the rowboat (err- RO-bot?).
Okay- so we got there realllly early, and we didn't even get out of the car and it was like,
"Uhhh, how come nobody else is dressed up ? X___X" . But as we were walking up, people were definitely recognizing us, and taking pictures of us.
(ok, i'm not the BEST story-teller but W/E !" SOOO !fast-foward we sat down ate porto's sandwiches blahblah ! Then it was time for the costume parader//contestt ! And one of the judges/hosts was Charmaine Carr AKA the REAL actress that played Liesl in the Sound Of Music-OMG how crazy.
OK- soooo. after we got off stage they told us to stand on the side of the stage, - we were in the semi-finals o____0.
So then a bunch of other costumes came like, a guy dressed as a plumber (for Christopher Plummer), a mother and son dressed as trees and a spinning Maria on her head (as the opening scene), people hiding behind graves stones...
So in the end, we were top 5 or 6 and the people that won were 2nd place for these 2 realllly cute little kids dressed as a needle pulling thread, and 1st place were 8 kids dress as the 8 music notes.
The the sing-a-long started and it was SO fun because it's not the same as when you watch it at home. They gave everybody a 'fun-pack' with cards to hold up for 'How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?' or an invitation to the Captain's party, and a popper to pop when Maria and the Captain kissed. The crowd of like 18,000 people cheering and hollering when Maria came out, or when it was the Barroness people would yell, 'Go Home !', or boo when Rolfe or a Nazi came out. Or my favorite- in the scene where they're hiding behind the grave stones and Rolfe finds them, somebody yelled out- "Remember the gazebo !!"

ahahaha, overall- SO FUN :D pictures up soon ^____^