I also consider myself a pretty good creative...I would say more inspirational, optimistic, hopeful...writer.
Here's something I wrote as an end-of-the year reflection, in my Freshman English class.
I felt like Mrs.Guarino, felt my connection to my writing, and we pleased each other ^___^
(again taken from my Myspace blog...)
Saturday, June 07, 2008
 | "The Key To Life" (by the way, I wrote this amazing blog on the same thing a few minutes ago but stupidly clicked 'Cancel' instead of 'Preview and Post' so I feel this is a 'satisfactory, not as deep, recreated and manufactured version' of what I actually tying to say, but ..)
As the school year is coming to a close, I find myself reflecting on the year, especially how fast it zoomed by. But as I'm daydreaming, it almost always is ruined by the endless amount of work to be done in the next two weeks of school.
Mrs. McGrath asked us to pick out pieces of writing to put in our portfolio. I found a reflection that I wrote on this exact date last year. That I feel I wrote from my heart and soul (corny, I know), and is truly just, me.
"The Key To Life"
Felicia Tumbucon
June 7, 2007
Period 2
The Key to Life
F. Scott Fitzgerald once said, "All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath". That feeling of diving in and taking a chance is the exact same feeling that I experience every time I write any piece of writing. I first think deeply about then, then, swim through all my thoughts and try to evoke any feeling about it. As I am thinking through it, I quickly get all my thoughts down on a piece of paper, then focus on getting it organized into an essay. This is what I love about writing. There is no right or wrong answer, it's your feelings, your thoughts, your emotions; it's you. It's one way to vent, or swim in an infinite pool of expressive freedom. I believe that writing becomes better, the more you explore the unknown parts of that pool. The more you learn about history, the world, and yourself, the better it blends in with your own personality and spills out through your writing. I have noticed this with myself, that as I have gained knowledge from school and my personal life, it contributes to the better of my writing and it also gives me a better understanding of myself. Writing to me is a necessity, and a key to life. This past school year, I understood that to write an essay is not just a homework that takes too much time and effort of my life, but an opportunity to explore your mind.
I know these next two weeks are filled with work, and grades, and points that jeopardize grades, that you won't be exactly pouring your heart and soul into. But I just want to say, "Happy Swimming" whether it's in a pool of 'expressive freedom' or in a pool behind your friend's house on a hot summer day. :] |